tiistai 28. syyskuuta 2010

Birthday!

I've been looking for nice teacups for ages, and finally found them just after last Christmas. I made my mom buy them for me as a birthday present, which she did and naturally forgot the whole thing - understandable, my birthday was yesterday, nine months from Christmas. I didn't forget the teacups, so I picked them up (alongside with a bag of frozen berries) when I last visited my parents. Thanks mom!

To go with the fancy cups (and to celebrate my bday) I made this blueberry pie, which is also a family tradition. Although I made a vegan version of it and it turned out better than the original.


Blueberry pie

dough 
2 dl rye flour
1 dl wheat flour
0,5 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1,3 dl oil
1 dl soygurt

- Mix the ingredients into a soft dough. Cover a pie mold with the dough and put it in the oven (180 C) without the filling for five minutes.

filling
1-1,5 l blueberries
1 dl sugar
1-1,5 dl soygurt 

- Mix the filling and pour it over the dough. Bake for some 20 minutes or until the crust gets a nice colour.
- Instead of whole berries you might as well use the leftover mash from juice making, which is what I did. 
- Serve with vanilla sauce or ice cream. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti